|Back to the search|
Sat-Sun, bank holidays 2-6 pm and groups by appointment
‚Dat ole Hus’ (The Old House) is a small half-timbered cottage, which was built in 1804. It is the centre of a small local history museum, which was established by the Hauschildt couple in 1961. Within guided tours the interiors can be visited. They offer a vivid impression of rural life in the region from the 18th to the 20th century. The farm tools, which are exhibited in a stable, a carriage shed and a beehive, originate from the same period.
The museum is well-known for offering coffee and waffles with a local speciality: red fruit jelly. The visitor can enjoy this speciality either in the cosy, stove-heated sitting room in wintertime or in the garden in summertime.Regularly the museum shows small temporary exhibitions on various subjects.
2,- €, reduced 01,- €,
Children under 6 years free,
guided tour 2,- €
Guided tours by appointment
Information leaflet, Niederländische Spuren in Aukrug. "Dat ole Hus" Volkskunde- und Freilichtmuseum im Naturpark Aukrug. Mitteilungen Heft 1, 2006, Ungarische Spuren in Aukrug. "Dat ole Hus" Volkskunde- und Freilichtmuseum im Naturpark Aukrug. Mitteilungen Heft 2, 2007, ISSN 1865-0422, Dr. Kai Fuhrmann u. Prof. Dr. Carl Ingwer Johannsen, Arbeits-, Gebrauchs- und Spielgegenstände aus dem Knick. in: Der Knick ist Vielfalt., Cobra Verl., Langenhorn 2008, ISBN 3-937580-38-7
Arriving by car
Motorway A 7 exit ‚Neumünster Mitte’, Federal road B 430, exit ‚Aukrug-Bünzen’, from the direction of Innien: Bargfelderstraße to the sports field, from the direction of Nortorf: exit ‚Aukrug-Böken’, Bünzerstraße