Create Account
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Stiftung Schloss Glücksburg
Große Straße
24960  Glücksburg

Phone:
Fax: 04631/4423329
E-Mail: info@schloss-gluecksburg.de

Opening Hours

Off-season:
1st Nov. - 30th Apr. Sat-Sun 11 am – 4 pm

High season:
1st May - 31st Oct. Mon-Sun 10 am – 6 pm
Latest entry at 5 p.m.

Schloß Glücksburg was built by order of Herzog Hans d.J. (Duke Hans the younger) between 1582 and 1585. Master builder Nicolas Karies erected it on the former site of a Cistercian convent. The castle, which is surrounded by water, owns an important collection of Flemish tapestries from the 17th and 18th century. In the Dankwart’sche Salon (Dankwart Drawing Room) there is a painted textile wall hanging from the beginning of the 18th century. A series of golden leather wall hangings, that show scenes from hunting and rural life, as well as numerous portraits belong to the precious items of the collection. Examples of silversmith art, chinaware of the 18th century and graphics are presented in the treasure chamber.