Create Account
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Museum Holstentor
Holstentorplatz
23552  Lübeck

Phone:
Fax: 0451/1224183
E-Mail: mkk@luebeck.de

Opening Hours

Jan.-March. Tue-Sun 11 am – 5 pm
April-Dec. Mon-Sun 10 am – 6 pm

The council master builder Hinrich Helmstede built the Holstentor (Holsten gate) from 1464 to 1478. It once was part of the town fortifications and is the emblem of the town today. At present, records of the town history are shown. In future, there will be an exhibition on Lübeck as a place of long-distance commerce and as a centre of the arts trade. In addition, medieval banquet customs and the important role of seafaring in Lübeck will also be picked up as a topic.