Create Account
English
Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Kloster Cismar
Bäderstraße 42
23743  Cismar

Phone:
Fax: 04621/813-555
E-Mail: service@schloss-gottorf.de

Opening Hours

March-Oct. Tue-Sun 10 am – 5 pm

The ‘Kloster Cismar’ (Cismar Monastery) was founded by Benedictine monks from Lübeck more than 750 years ago. Of the former monastery’s buildings the choir stalls of the church and the fountain house, which originates from the 13th century, have been preserved. Notable also: the recently restored altar from about 1300. Other historical parts of the buildings were altered particularly in the reformation and baroque period. In the basement of the fountain house there is an exhibition on the history of the site. In one part of the monastery great special exhibitions of the ‘Stiftung Schleswig-Holsteinische Landesmuseen Schloß Gottorf’ are shown during the summer months.