Name des Museums
Titel des Bildes
Back to the search

Captain Tadsen Museum
25863  Hallig Langeneß

Fax: 04684/289
E-Mail: info@langeness.de

Opening Hours

Easter-Oct. Mon-Sat 10:30 am, 1:30 pm
groups by appointment
opening hours = times of guided tours

The ‘Kapitän-Tadsen-Haus’ (Captain Tadsen's House) on Hallig Langeness is an originally preserved Hallig house. [There are several small islands in the North Sea off the Schleswig-Holstein coast called ‘Hallig’.] Its foundation stone was laid in 1741. Living room, parlour, cellar, pantry, kitchen, basement and stable can be visited. These rooms are furnished with items and tools from the 18th century. Most of these objects originally come from the house. The Captain’s house uniquely documents the life on a Hallig 250 years ago.